Monday, January 5, 2009

Free Standing Lace Work aka FSL

I decided to try my hand at digitizing lace over the last few months and have finally created a piece that I am actually quite happy with. I am sure it is due to the excellence in the program I used for my digitizing. I have tried the expensive software the "big boys" make. I found after about 4 grand later having used their software then upgraded their software that I just wasn't happy with their so called "professional " software. I have instead converted back to using a wonderful program called "Embird" and have found that even after adding the additional modules to the program, this is a better , more versatile program that seems to "think" like I "think" and is far less expensive in the long run. You can located this wonderful software by going to http://www.embird.com/. Now as to the piece I made. This is a bookmark that I created and gave as gifts to a few friends. They really seemed to like it.


No comments: