Monday, July 26, 2010

3D Rose Afghan

This was a fun project! Each rose took me about an hour to crochet but was well worth the time investment. This is the first time I have tried to crochet anything on this scale. I finished it a few weeks ago and apologize for not posting sooner. I have already started 3 new crochet afghans. I guess I am in crochet mode but hope to get in some work on my cross-stitch projects soon.


This goofy dog of mine could not resist posing for the photo. The hard part was keeping him off the afghan!

The roses were created first and the green yarn was attached to the back of the rose. The green granny square background was formed from the back with double crochet stitch and bordered in white yarn with a row of single crochet stitching. Each white portion was also made with double crochet stitching to form solid granny squares and bordered with a row of single crochet then all the squares were sewn together. Once all the blocks were together, I used 2 rows of double crochet in green around the entire afghan which I then followed with 5 rows of a cream white. I finished this afghan with a row of green using the single crochet stitch.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

wonderful job Ann! love, love.

Ann H. said...

Thank you Beverly. I had a lot of fun making it.

Kristin said...

Another absolutely beautiful afghan!! Thanks for the inspiration!