Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Exchange

I am not sure how many of you are familiar with doing swap exchanges through the mail so let me give you a little background. This is a popular activity among hobbiests in the online Yahoo Groups. A theme is chosen, people sign up and names are assigned and a deadline is announced. It really is a lot of fun when they work. I have been partaking in Group exchanges for about 5 or 6 years now and in all that time I have only been burned once when my exchange partner did not follow through. I recently joined in on my first exchange in the Krafter'sKorner group having not participated in one with them before. This was the first time I was in a cross-stitch type of exchange. I have mostly been involved with sewing and scrapbooking exchanges in my past. If you have heard of exchanges and never tried them, I encourage you to give it a try. They are a lot of fun. It is always nice getting a surprise in the mail. You never really know what your partner will send you. Sure you know the theme, but that actual package you get is another story. Well I received my first exchange packaged and I am posting a photo here on this blog. I got some nice goodies. I received a printed pattern for a Valentine's Elephant with the floss and fabric to make it (this will be made into a pillow) a bookmark fabric piece with a pattern on the back of it and I received a blank card with an oval cut from it for making a cross-stitch design card. All in all I was pleased with what I received. Thank you "Grandma Dee."


No comments: